This sideboard was not new when it was a feature in the pub in Kimblewick, Bucks, in the 1950s. It followed the landlord’s granddaughter to my village and on to Upcycle Arcade. It has been brought up to date then sent back in time to early 19th century with a faded grandeur makeover.
Beautifully made in solid oak with country barley twist legs, recessed doors and drawers. The oak top, stripped and waxed, now gleams with health.
The door and drawer fronts depict worn images of carefree pastimes of playing in the park, surrounded by scrolls and cartouches. The piece has been aged with dark waxes to add depth and time.
The original handles blend with the piece whilst the interior cupboard and drawers have been refreshed in a pale grey.
The well-built sideboard was a dark and dreary piece before it was upcycled. But now, you can guarantee you will be the only one on the planet with one like it. Talking of planets, upcycling is one way to live a sustainable eco-friendly life. What’s not to love?
- Painted in Annie Sloan Chalk Paint™ in Versailles, an earthy yellow neutral, with clear and dark waxes for protection and durability.
- Two drawers painted inside in pale grey.
- Original solid drawer and door pulls painted in Versailles with touches of dark wax to compliment the design.
- Two doors open to one large cupboard refreshed in pale grey.
- Hand painted.
- Hard wearing & long-lasting water-repellent gentle matte finish.
- Measures 92cm H x 122cm W x 48cm D.