Despite wanting to renovate and restore, the aged veneer was too stained to be revived. So this once gentle piece has been dealt a good hand with a siren and a serpent.
Decoupage papers with mineral paints have been blended to add a whole new dimension to this tired and flat piece of furniture. A golden wooden onlay deck of cards plus each of the four suits stencilled on each of the drawer sides makes these drawers one of a kind.
And the legs! Beautifully crafted without a blemish despite being 66 years old whilst the adjustable height brass feet have been refreshed with gold. This early G Plan piece features the E-Gomme gold stamp to the inside drawer which also has removable dividers, although this will take a little effort.
In true Upcycle Arcade style, this unwanted chest of drawers now combines traditional build from English makers E Gomme with G Plan, with a modern finish; standing out whilst fitting in. Not only are these drawers an extremely functional piece of furniture, they are utterly bespoke – you will not find another.
They measure 96cm wide, 65cm high, 47cm deep. I have shown the before pictures too for interest.
This chest of drawers can be collected free of charge or alternatively delivery can be arranged for you for an additional charge.
This chest of drawers has a beautiful luxurious finish.
- A design classic mid-century piece painted in Coal Black from Fusion Mineral Paint
- Decopauge papers with Polyonlay 0.9mm wood pulp cards design
- Three drawers, all dovetailed each finished with spades, clubs, diamonds and hearts along the sides
- Original solid drawer pulls, refinished in matte black
- Hand painted with Polyvine topcoat in satin for durability
- Hard wearing & long-lasting water-repellent gentle matte finish
- Measures 91cm W x 90cm H x 53cm D