Perfect for any home working office, this statement piece of furniture, will bring luxury and style to your home. Start your working day by opening the bureau flap to a studious jet black interior complimented with a rich green writing pad and cubby holes. The writing flap has been stencilled with a Victorian tile design, picked out in gold to add faded grandeur and gentle aging.
The outside has been painted in Athenian Black chalk paint from Annie Sloan and finished with clear and black waxes to intensify the depth of the black. The legs, stripped back to their original oak and oiled and buffed to a natural matte finish, as well as the original green drawer knobs, prevent the bureau from being overwhelmingly ‘black’.
It now stands out whilst fitting in and is ready for a new home after being lovingly rejuvenated. This bureau had originally been upcycled by its previous owner but not to a particularly high standard. This has now been rectified and the bureau will live for many more years in its new form.
This classy piece of furniture has a beautiful wax finish buffed to a soft sheen for extra protection and durability.
- Painted in Athenian Black from Annie Sloan with designs in Amsterdam Green finished with Annie Sloan waxes.
- Two dove-tailed drawers with Victorian Tile designs on the sides and the bureau flap stays.
- Original deep green drawer pulls made from, I believe, Bakelite.
- Hand painted.
- Working key and lock.
- Hard wearing & long-lasting water-repellent gentle soft sheen.
- Measures 76cm W x 99cm H x 40cm D extending to 72cm flap open.
At Upcycle Arcade, our aim is to provide beautifully bespoke, possibly purposeful, and definitely desirable pieces of furniture which are just a little different from the norm. Standing out whilst fitting in for years thus promoting longevity and sustainability as old is definitely the new new.